Used Boats: 60 Adverts Displaying: 31-40
HISTORY and DESCRIPTION:
VAGABOND’ELLE was built in 1970 and purchased by her current French owner for polar exploration in 1995 and is one of a succession of Vagabond yachts made famous through books, films, exhibitions and television programmes by their voyaging owners undertaking scientific research.
Built by Szczecinska Stocznia Yachtowa of Gdansk to a design by Ryszard Langer, Vagabond’elle has completed 1,000’s of nautical miles during the last fifteen years, the owners are now looking to down-size although the vessel was totally re-fitted in 1997 and up-graded in... read more
|Price:|| £68,000 Ex. Tax|
HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
MUSKETEER of STUTTON was designed and built in 1963 by the highly respected company Camper & Nicholson to Lloyds 100A1 specification for the Commodore of the Royal Ocean Racing Club Sir Peter Green. Sir Peter, from Stutton Mill House, served on HMS Musketeer as a Sub Lieutenant in 1943. In 1952 he crewed on Lutine in the Bermuda race and in 1957 was one of the founders of the Admiral’s Cup. Sir Peter, however, is probably best remembered as chairman of Lloyds.
MUSKETEER of STUTTON was raced successfully through the 1960s winning the RORC p... read more
|Price:|| £79,000 Tax Exempt|
Overall Length: 30ft on deck :: Waterline: 23ft :: Beam: 10ft 7ins :: Draught: 2ft 6ins / 6ft plate down :: Displacement: 11 Tons T M
Engine: 47hp Perkins Diesel :: Designer: Alfred Luders :: Builder: Cheoy Lee Shipyard, Hong Kong :: Location: South Coast
Sail: Ketch Cutter Rig :: Berths: Four Berths in Three Cabins :: Year: 1970 :: Price: £29,500
The Cruisaire 30 design, drawn by successful naval architect Alfred Luders (1909-1999) was first produced in 1969 by the well respected Cheoy-Lee Shipyard, Hong Kong.
Cheoy-Lee Shipyard first established in 1870 moved to the Hong Ko... read more
|Price:|| £29,500 Tax Exempt|
HISTORY & CONSTRUCTION:
WALLOP was designed and built by Harry Feltham in Portsmouth in 1929 for her first owner S Tonkin of London W1. Later registered in Southampton, official number 161711.
In the late 1930s, Major Robert Spencer M C, J P of London W2 acquired WALLOP keeping her in Southampton. After the War, R E Burgess of Chelmsford bought the vessel altering her from a cutter to a ketch rig in 1951 (altered back to cutter rig in 1956) In the early 1960s Clive Debenham of Harley Street, W1 became the next registered owner mooring WALLOP at Burnham on Crouch. In 1972 Christopher C... read more
|Price:|| £17,500 Tax Exempt|
ARIADNE was built in 1924 by Worfolk Brothers, Kings Lynn, Norfolk as an East Coast Pilot Cutter, a role she fulfilled until the 1960s. During the early 1970s she was used as a Pilot Boat laying buoys for the Conservancy Board. Later in the 1970s ARIADNE was converted to a Prawn Fishing Boat. In 1983 she was sold for conversion to a private yacht and then bought by the previous owner in 1987. An eight year restoration began overseen by the original builder Bill Worfolk, then 99 years of age. ARIADNE was re-launched in 1995. The current owner bought ARIADNE during the Summer 2020 and commission... read more
|Location:||West Sussex UK|
|Price:|| £15,000 Tax Exempt|
ANNETOR was built in 1942 as a standard Board of Trade ship's lifeboat by G R W Ltd. Garden Reach Workshops Ltd. was founded in Calcutta in 1884 and are still trading today. They built many large naval ships and commercial ships over a long history. ANNETOR's lifeboat design is that of the standard P & O Line, White Star Line and merchant ships of the period, featuring a double ended hull. The teak built ship's boat most often used in warm climes and the tropics. Little is know of ANNETOR'S early history however she has been in the same family ownership some 50 years a... read more
|Location:||North Yorkshire UK|
|Price:|| £2,500 Tax Exempt|
GIRL FRIEND was designed by Frank Parson MINA, resident naval architect at Seacraft & Co. Ltd. Leigh-On-Sea, Essex, where she was built in 1960 for F A Norton of St Clere’s Hall, Danby, Essex, registered in London, official number 301201.
In 1965 R L Carter of Wickford, Essex became the second owner keeping GIRL FRIEND locally at Bradwell on the Blackwater Estuary. GIRL FRIEND remained in his ownership for some twenty-five years before being bought in June 1991 by the current owner. The vessel was transported to the owners home and stored in an open barn where a meticulous rest... read more
|Location:||North Yorkshire UK|
|Price:|| £20,000 Tax Exempt|
HARMONY – HISTORY & DESCRIPTION
The Cardinal Series of yachts date from the 1980s and were the foundation of the Warwick Yacht Design Company. Alan Warwick 1934-2018 set up the W.Y.D company in Auckland in 1980 producing over 500 designs to include performance yachts, mono and multihulls, sports fishers, luxury superyachts, high-speed launches and commercial boats. The company quickly gained a reputation for quality design and as such performance cruiser/racers such as the Cardinal 46. Consequently, they are highly sought-after, long-distance, blue water, fin & skeg yach... read more
|Price:|| £97,500 Ex. Tax|
Built in 1904 as a 40’ cutter fitted with a centreplate, designed by W Stoba of Fleetwood, Lancashire for the local fishing fleet.
“Won the trophy for best catches of the year in 1905 and proved to be a fast easily worked boat of advanced design. In later years, having had twin engines fitted, PROVIDER worked from Liverpool and North Wales registered number (LL282) before being brought to Barrow for conversion into a yacht.” (North Western Sail, Alan Lockett).
Originally a 40 foot cutter with a 10 foot 8 inches beam and 5 foot draught, she is now, with the addition of a cli... read more
|Location:||Argyll and Bute UK|
|Price:|| £85,000 Tax Exempt|
TILLY III was built in 1958 to F C Morgan Giles West Channel Class, a series of designs inspired original from the Falmouth Quay Punt and Morgan Giles earlier West of England One Design. TILLY III was built for H Roberts of Warrington, Lancashire and relaced his previous yacht TILLY II, a Morgan Giles West of England One Design. In the early 1960s C E Christian from Newquay bought the vessel and as a member of the Royal Cornwall Yacht Club moored TILLY III in Falmouth. In 1964 N Devonport of Buckfastleigh, Devon became the third registered owner initially keeping TILLY III in Teignmouth and la... read more
|Length:|| 34' 6"|
|Location:||West Sussex UK|
|Price:|| £35,000 Tax Exempt|