|Tax Status:||Tax Paid|
South East Co Waterford Ireland|
• 2020 survey available.
• Reluctant sale due to health issues.
• The Westerly Merlin hits a sweet spot being compact enough to sail easily single handed (all lines in Rowella lead back to the cockpit) but well capable of extended passages and offshore sailing.
• These yachts were built in the mid ‘80s to compete with the new generation of lighter French yachts. They combine generous accommodation (full height saloon and 7 berths, room for 6 around the table) and the traditional stability and seaworthiness of English yachts with lively and responsive performance.
• The interior is in excellent condition, beautifully finished in mahogany including headlining, and was fully re-upholstered recently.
• The cockpit is roomy and fully enclosed, and exceptionally usable as the backstay and mainsheet both go to the back of the boat and the tiller folds upwards. There is a stowable cockpit table for outside eating and drinking on summer evenings.
• Twin keels allow Rowella to enter shallow areas, and she will sit happily and fully stable on the sand when the tide is out.
|Vessel type:||Sailing Yacht|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||BUKH MARINE. MODEL: DV20. TWO CYLINDERS|
|Length over all:||8.25m|
|Maximum draft:||3' 5"|
|Keel type:||Twin Keel|
Double fore and aft cabins, combined with a further three beths in the main salon, she can accomodate seven. The main salon has 6ft head room with timber headlining.
Auto Helm Cockpit Table
Shore power and six sockets
Two USB sockets
Anchor and chain
New ignition panel with temperature and voltage gauges and rev counter.
Two one way winches
Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.